Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. I’m lucky. I’ve had the same Valentine for 30+ years now. Makes things pretty easy. I have other Valentine’s too–The Only, Baseball Boy, Stormageddon, the In-laws, and all of you–my friends and readers. But I remember the days when I was single and didn’t always have a steady. What I didn’t have in real life, I always had in my books. Ah, the joys of book boyfriends! Here’s my Top Ten Book Boyfriends, just because:
1) Roarke from the In Death series (J. D. Robb)
2) Curran from the Kate Daniels series (Ilona Andrews)
3) Raphael from the Guildhunter/Archangel series (Nalini Singh)
4) Reyes from the Charley Davidson series (Darynda Jones)
5) Dragos Cuelebre from the Elder Races series (Thea Harrison)
6) Simon Wolfgard from The Others series (Anne Bishop)
7) Ian “Mac” McIntire from the Moonstruck series (Silver James – and sh’up! He is, just sayin’)
8) Gabe Rossi from the Guardian Angelinos/Barefoot Bay Undercover series (Roxanne St. Claire)
9) Vlad Tepesh from the Night Prince series (Jeaniene Frost)
10) Sinjen St. John from the Penumbra Papers series (Silver James and sh’up again!)
So, that’s my list. Who’s on your book boyfriend list? Or book girlfriend?
Reading: I’m doing a re-listen to the In Death series, and no! That is not why Roarke is on the top of my list. I’m also reading Rebecca Zanetti’s JUSTICE ASCENDING, 3rd book in her Scorpius Syndrome series.
TV: Uhm….should I admit I’m infatuated with LIVE PD on A&E? And that a Tulsa PD gang unit officer is my new TV crush? His nickname is Sticks. He is fine! There are some movies coming up on cable I want to see–THE LEGEND OF TARZAN, THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER WAR, and…there’s another one but I can’t think of it at the moment.
Sports: BASEBALL!!! Pitcher/Catcher starts tomorrow!!! I keep waiting for U-verse to get finished in our neighborhood so I can finally switch over and get their sports package which will give me St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training games. Even with only a few available, opening day is just over a month away.
And…that’s it for me. Yeah, I’m writing but it’s the same ol’ same ol’. Progress is being made. All is good. What’s up in your worlds? And a quick plug: If you’re on Goodreads, be sure to click HERE or on the graphic and sign up for a chance to win a signed copy of REDEEMED BY THE COWGIRL plus a secret book. 😉
Book boyfriends… let’s see…
I’m kinda partial to Omar in my Once Upon a Djinn series. And Tom from my unpublished Fear Itself. Other than that, I guess I don’t really crush on book guys – not even my own.
I’m reading Granny Hooks a Crook by Julie Seedorf. Loads of fun, but I’m hip deep in Wish Hits the Fan, so not much energy for reading other people’s books. TV? This week a whole bunch of new series start on Investigation Discovery, so I’m looking forward to that. I’m kind of meh about sports at the moment. Golf has been pretty interesting and I’m looking forward to a good season of that.
Over here, it’s writing writing writing. Fishing when I can. Big exciting stuff. LOL
Hey, it’s a good life, right? 😉 Gonna be cold for awhile so I guess words over fish. LOLOL