Now that Easter is over and we’ve raided the kids’ baskets and scarfed up all the Reece’s Peanut Butter eggs and bunnies, here’s a quick recipe to tide over our “addiction.” I’ll bet dollars to donuts that Jolie Davis Barron (The Cowgirl’s Little Secret) makes these for her “men”–Cord and CJ. 😉
No-bake Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
½ cup salted butter, softened
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups chocolate chunks (preferably dark), for coating
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and peanut butter. Microwave for 1 minute.
2. Using a fork, stir together the melted butter and peanut butter until smooth. 3. Microwave additional 20 seconds, as needed.
4. Add the powdered sugar and rice cereal to the bowl. Gently mix together until fully incorporated.
5. Using your hands, roll the mixture into approximately 40 1-inch balls. Place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chunks. Microwave for 60-75 seconds, stopping to check and stir every 30 seconds.
7. Drop the frozen balls in the melted chocolate one at a time, use a fork to roll around to ensure an even coating. Place back on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
8. Garnish with additional rice cereal while the chocolate is still warm. Chill until the chocolate has set.
You have to use real rice krispies and not generic in those cookies, just saying. generic get soggy. These are my works favorite cookies for bake sales. Everyone loves them.
Awesome to know, Veronica! Thanks for sharing. I don’t buy generic as a rule, but I know others who do. They look so very yummy! Glad I’m not the only one who thinks so. 😀
Ooo, girlfriend, you’re killing me here. Chocolate and peanut butter are my weakness. =op
Pingback: best easy scone recipe /eggless dates scones recipe |
Pingback: Wood mouse eats peanut butter | Dear Kitty. Some blog