Yes. I’m running late. I can explain! No, really. See, after we got back from family time yesterday, I sat down to edit NIGHT WISH. And I just kept working. And working. And working. And, dang it! The story is better than I thought, which means y’all will probably hate it but what the heckfire. I worked all the way through to the end. It’s edited! Except for a few things I need to run a search on this morning and fix because I noted something in the “grammar” continuity that needs checking. Anyway. That part is almost done! Then I start the formatting and there’s not enough coffee in the entire world to get me through that with my sanity intact. Anyway. By week’s end.
In other thrills, if anyone cares, the LA Dodgers came back from a 3-game deficit to win the NLCS. They’re headed to Arlington (Texas NOT Virginia) to take on the Tampa Bay Rays in the World Serious. We don’t care who wins and after watching the playoffs? There should be some really good baseball going on. Yay!
On to the chilly part of the post, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I EFFING HATE THIS STUPID NEW WORDPRESS $#!+!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’d finished the post in the HTML editor. It was funny and clever and done! And I went to check it for typos and only the first effing paragraph was there when I clicked out of HTML mode to “regular mode”!
There’s not enough coffee in the world for this on a chilly Monday morning. So, no more clever. I’m too p!$$3d. Here’s the deal:
- It’s chilly outside, and inside. 66 on the thermostat. Mid-40s outside.
- Hence why I wasn’t up and moving early to get this posted close to usual time. (Also, I procrastinated looking for a clever cold morning/hot coffee meme once I was up, thanks to Loki, who was perched on the pillow beside my head looking like he wanted to eat my eyeballs if I didn’t get up to feed him.)
- Still doing the JD Robb In Death Marathon.
- Jake and I have to go to Wallyworld. He will get his pup-cup from Starbucks after.
- Only TV was baseball.
- Plan for the day-get this #*$!!^* post posted. More coffee and calm-down time. Search, find, fix. Real clothes. Wallyworld. Starbucks. Formatting. With luck, no one will speak to me until dinner time.
Hope you had a good weekend. Drop a comment if you want to share. I promise NOT to snarl at you. Happy freaking Monday.
First off, YAY! You go, girl! Looks like we’re in a race now to see who gets done first. Whoever wins… Yay. And a tie would be nice, too. Our books can have the same b-day. =o) Eh, baseball is leaving me cold right now. Better season next year, I hope. Well crap. Stupid wordpress. I hope the rest of your day goes better. :hugs:
Not much going on here. I got the other proofer stuffs, so I’m good to start polishing this sucker up and then formatting and off it goes into the world. Right now, though, I’m slogging through a post-nap hangover and chugging juice so my brain might start working properly again. Blerg.
My “word search” is done, Wallyworld conquored, Starbucks achieved. Short break and then I’m on to the formatting. My favorite thing. Not! 🤣
Twinsy books would be cool. I have to do two sets–one for the ‘Zon and one for D2D. Luckily, D2D is mostly different back matter so I can do all but that, then make a copy, add the non-Zon backmatter and it’s good.
Or maybe I’ll just get started on it tomorrow. 😏