Home Again, Jiggity Jog

I’m home. Travel was an adventure this time. ๐Ÿ˜† After leaving at the butt crack of dawn on Friday, we were delayed in Houston as we waited for a change in flight crew, whose flight was delayed coming in. Figures, right? We landed in New Orleans and had an SUV and driver waiting for us. That was really cool! The hotel was nice, we have a new favorite place to eat in the Quarter, the streetcars were foot savers, and I didn’t want to leave!

Coming home, we had a delay in Dallas for a “small maintenance problem.” Seriously? The pilot did joke that it wasn’t because he wanted to see the end of the Louisville/Michigan game. We didn’t get home until 1:00 a.m. Besides being tired, I woke up yesterday with a sinus infection and temperature. Needless to say, I stayed in bed. Ugh!

Despite that, the trip was wonderful. We had a blast and Only took hundreds of pictures. I’ll be sharing some of them, along with an overview of our adventures as time goes by. I’m full of new ideas not only for ROGUE MOON but the prequel novella to the Penumbra Papers series, PLUS the Delta Ghost series.

Oh…and to add insult to injury? The high Tuesday was 77. Wednesday? An ice storm. Seriously, Mother Nature? Below are two pics I snapped when I went out to get the mail yesterday morning. We also lost some major branches off the ancient pine in the front yard and the oak in the back yard. *sigh* See?

April Ice pine tree 680April Ice redbud 680

If you click on the pics, you can get an enlarged version.

So what about the rest of you? Did you have fun while I was gone? Did you miss me? ๐Ÿ™„

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Home Again, Jiggity Jog

1. bookwyrm217 says:

We might have snow tomorrow. Naturally, because I have 5 days off and want to get the yard cleaned up. I’m going to the gym and go swimming. Then get my nails done. and maybe come home and take a nap. Yeah, right. I have lots to do inside if I can’t go outside. Can’t wait to see the pics!!

I’d sure like to know who pissed in Mother Nature’s Wheaties. She is a very unhappy camper at the moment! Enjoy your time off. If you get yardwork done, yay. If not? Relax! ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking forward to the pictures, Silver ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you had a good time – boo that you came back to a sinus infection and ice!! Do the gods not know it’s April – we are forecast for snow tomorrow! Winter, we are so over you!!!

I swear Mother Nature is PMSing. I really did have fun. Ate too much but walked bunches and even though the Women’s NCAA Final Four was there, the crowds weren’t bad. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so tired of the crazy weather. We were in the upper 80’s yesterday and now a old front is moving in. Makes it hard to dress for wok each day.

Sounds like you had a blast in NOLA! Can’t wait to see pics. Hope you feel better soon.

That was cold front…stupid touch screen.

5. Welcome back! Sorry your homecoming was less than stellar, but I’m so glad you had a nice trip. =o)

Let’s see… while you were gone… I moved into my new house, helped squelch a wildfire, explored the property and found a pretty stream, got ticks, ordered furniture… It’s been busy here.

Welcome back!

Love how you captured the winter/spring moment in the pics.

Feel better!