All Smiles

cute-puppy-pictures-hello-im-here-to-make-your-monday-suck-less It’s Monday. It’s July 1st. It’s…damn. Where’s the summer going? In two weeks, I’ll be leaving for RWA Nationals in Atlanta. In six weeks, I hope to release BLACK MAGIC WOMAN. In two months (or a little longer) I hope to release SEASON OF THE WITCH in all formats and trade paperback. Yeah, I need to get to work. Especially since I also plan to release a mystery noir short between now and then (already written–waiting on the cover), and work on the new Hard Target series, with the first’s title DOUBLE TAKE. If you’ll glance over at the word widgets, I am making progress!

snoopyIn other news, I guess I’m now an award-winning author. I received news over the weekend that BLOOD MOON won first place in the Short Paranormal category of the International Digital Awards. BAD MOON won second in the same category. HUNTER’S MOON won second in the Paranormal Novel category. (Not sure who won 1st–I haven’t seen the whole list.) And BEST LAID PLANS placed fifth in the Short Contemporary category.

This makes me want to work on the full-length versions of Moonstruck now. πŸ˜† Like I have time at the moment πŸ™„ The rest of the weekend was sort of a blur. It was ugly hot and I’m waiting on library books so I can continue my read of Allison Brennan’s books. In the meantime, I’m reading the anthology, LOVE IS MURDER. There’s some interesting stories in it.

I’m also guest blogging over at B.E. Sanderson’s The Unpublished Writers’ Guide. Stop by and see what I have to say about lists and awards. I’ll be giving away an Amazon gift card, too!

For all my Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day!!! Those of us down here will celebrate our day on the 4th. So…what everyone else? Who did something really fun this weekend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to All Smiles

My weekend included birthday parties for friends, looking for beach pics for a friend on istock, and writing reviews for my blog and goodreads. I did get to finish reading 2 ARCs as well. One new Jude Deveraux and one August release from Heather Lire.

Congrats Ms. Award Winning Author!!! Should have started my recap of the weekend with that. Blame it on no caffeine yet this morning.

Aw shucks. You didn’t need to come back just for that. 😳 But thanks! And truthfully? I don’t think there’s enough caffeine in the world today. πŸ˜›

3. Woohoo! Award winning author! You go, girl. I don’t know where the summer is flying off to, but I figure it’s moving quick because we have so much to do. (And you’re doing so much.)

This weekend, I finished reading through the first draft of Djinn 2 and I did yard work. I cleaned a huge pile of leaves out from under some of the trees (eradicating potential snake hidey-spots). And I did some more work on a garden bed I’m creating. I did write, but compared to last week, it was a pitiful amount.

Thanks again for the guest post, Silver. It looks great. =o)

Thanks for inviting me, B.E.! And I can’t wait to read Djinn 2! Not that I’m hinting or anything… πŸ˜‰

When you get finished landscaping the new place, will you come do mine? *looks all hopeful and stuff*

This Canadian is doing a Happy Dance – not because it’s Canada Day and I’m off, but because I know an award-winning author (and is wondering why it didn’t happen sooner). Well done and congratulations, Silver – well deserved.

And, holy moley, you’re going great guns with your writing – definitely on a roll!!

The weekend? I caught up on laundry!

Mega congrats Ms. Award Winner!!!

You’re rockin!