Conversation with Caleb – That Ol’ Black Magic

Caleb faceTrue to her word, Sade roped Caleb into appearing today. Let’s welcome our intrepid werewolf, Caleb Jones.

Hi, Silver. And everyone else. Not really sure why you invited me but you offered breakfast so…

I learned from the Wolves in the Moonstruck books that the way to a werewolf’s heart is through his stomach. Can you fill us in a little on what it was like to grow up with Sade?

Seriously? She’s an absolute pain in the ass. Did you know I had to escort her to the debutante ball? And would she let me wear a black tux like everyone else? Nope. She wore black and I had to wear white tails. I have to admit, the looks we got were pretty cool.

I’m sure! What about wolf society? Can you talk about it? I mean, you didn’t exactly grow up in the pack. You grew up in Mathias’ mansion in Turtle Creek.

I was lucky. Romulus Jones, my alpha, was always nearby in case I needed advice and to help me through the rough spots. We’re born as wolves and don’t change until puberty.

Speaking of, what’s the deal with you and Ariel?

*rumblegrowlgrrrrrrrumble* Wolves can be allergic to faerie dust. And I am. Big time. The sorry sonavabuck enjoys trapping me in wolf form during those times when I really need opposable thumbs. But I still have a hunk of really expensive linen framed and hanging on my wall. I almost had him that night out on Sade’s balcony. Someday…

You may complain about him, but I get the feeling that if push came to shove, and Sade was in danger, y’all would put aside any animosity and ride to the rescue. Together.

*shrugs* Maybe. Ari is such a glory hound, he’d argue about who went through the door first.

Do you have time to stick around to answer questions today? I have some steaks I can throw on the grill.

Sure. And I’d stick around even without the steaks. I like your readers. They’re awesome. They can ask away.

Caleb lgSo here you go. Here’s your chance to get up close and personal with Caleb. Ask any questions you have. And Psssst. Sade slipped this to me yesterday. Yes, this au naturale pic of Caleb is a thumbnail. Click on it. It’ll get bigger. Like Caleb. 😉

AMAZON | SMASHWORDS | GOODREADS

This entry was posted in Books, Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Conversation with Caleb – That Ol’ Black Magic

1. Naughty naughty Silver. I think you should turn furry and bite her, Caleb, for posting that pic of you.

• Caleb Jones says:

Awww, cut Silver some slack, B.E. She’s been under a lot of stress lately. And besides, I look like that far more often than not. As Sade reminds me frequently, I like to run wild. Unlike that freaking fae, I actually have something to flaunt. 😉

Sadly, I’ve never been very good at coming up with clever questions for guests so I’ll just point out a few things.
    1. clever name – I’ve always liked it but it obviously suits YOU better 😉
    2. I find loyalty and a protective nature sexy in a guy – I’m glad you found someone worthy of those traits in you
    3. growing up under the care of a vampire must have been … interesting; most stories write them as bitter enemies (present company included – for the sake of plot)
    4. any chance you get you own ‘side-story’ someday ?
    5. I hope you get more than a hunk of linen as a trophy !
    Thanks for stopping by

• Caleb Jones says:

*hides newspapers* Not sure how clever Jones is as a name. It goes with the pack. We tend to stay low-profile and did even before the Big Rip. I guess Sade’s the sister of my heart, if not my blood. Damn straight I’m going to take care of her! Even if she is a pain. And forgive my profanity. I figure she does enough of that for both of us. 😉

Mathias is one scary dude but at the same time, because he is one scary dude, nobody was going to mess with me. My folks sort of flaked out so Rom and Mathias decided fostering me with Sade would be good thing. Besides, getting to sleep with her and Ariel knowing I was in bed with her and he wasn’t was worth any sort of hassle. 😉

Side-story? Stick around. Silver promises that my story will be out next spring. THE DEVIL’S CUT has me pursuing all sorts of bad nasties, as Sade would say.

Personally, I’d like to have that fae stuffed and mounted in my living room but the Councilium Magicae sort of frowns on such things. Darn it.

• Ariel Daoine says:

I know where you sleep, mutt, and don’t you forget it!

• ban says:

Silly puppy – you know I mean you first name! Caleb (Hebrew) ‘dog’. One of the only two allowed to enter the Promised Land due to his loyalty 😉

And YAY for side story !!! I think you need a gal with a little more backbone – the ME may be sweet but she struck me as a bit too fan-girlish. Personally, I’m hoping the CSI offers you more of a challenge 😉

• Caleb Jones says:

Well…you caught me. 😉 And I’m impressed. Not many folks know their biblical lore that well.

Toni may be a fan girl but…Oh…uhm…:oops: Yeah. I promised her I wouldn’t kiss and tell. All I know about Colorado is that her name is Adele Kincaid and she works for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. I suspect we’ll be working a case together. We’ll just have to see. Besides, I think Silver might have something else in mind for Toni, when the time comes. I’ve heard rumors about gargoyles coming to New Orleans for an extended visit. 😉

3. Oh, yes I remember him now. 😀 Very nice, Caleb. Oh, I mean nice to see, er, meet you. *smiles sweetly*

4. sandye52 says:

Caleb, gorgeous name for a gorgeous ‘au naturel’ were. 😉 in reading the interviews and comments, do you and Sadie anticipate taking your relationship to the next level (i. e., to the bedroom)? Inquiring minds want to know. Giggle snort!

• Caleb Jones says:

Uhm….uhm…*blinkblink Umh….ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! *shudder* Uhm. No. Uh uh. Nope. Not gonna happen. *shakes head vociferously* I love Sade but…*ickshuddergag* not THAT way! Ariel can do his best. She’ll just nail his ass to the wall. Me? Nope. No desire. That’s too close to incest for me. Besides, I have a trip planned down to New Orleans to see a sweet little assistant medical examiner. And I’ve heard rumors of a CSI kinda gal waiting up in Colorado to meet me. But thanks for asking, Sandy. 😉

5. sandye52 says:

Caleb, thanks for your answer. Sorry, I really didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I’m looking forward to following you and your romances in the upcoming books. You’re such a hottie, I mean just look at that naked picture, I expect some great love scenes from you! 😉 I’ll watch Ariel to see if he can convince Sade, should be interesting. Or could it be Roman? Mmmmm, the possibilities. 🙂
    Thanks Silver for hosting the interview with Caleb.

• Caleb Jones says:

Awwww. It’s okay, Sandy. I’d give you a hug if you were here. 😉 It’s just…Sade really is like my sister and the idea of anything between the sheets with her? Just…squick. 😛 And she’d be right there beside me sticking her finger down her throat at the thought. 😆 But it dang sure is fun to tease Ari.

Speaking of, that freaking fae! The farther he stays away from her, the better! I’d love to tack some fae ass up next to the seat of his pants already on my wall. For sure!

And we all hope you’ll stay close to our stories. Silver has a bunch planned for us. 😉