“But…but…?” you ask, pointing at the title.
My lack of inspiration had to do with a topic for today’s post. I remembered a comment I made about ideas for posts when a blogger gets stuck. I said I could always fall back on the topic of “Inspiration.” So that’s my topic for today. And the subtitle? Yeah. I have so many freaking ideas and absolutely no time to turn them into stories.
I’m not sure I’ve talked about my current “future plans” but here’s a brief rundown:
1. Finish Sooper Sekrit Project(tm) revisions, send it off, wait. (Deal with consequences later – 😆 )
2. Tear apart THE DEVIL’S CUT. Major edits and revisions but I’m looking at a late spring, early summer 2014 release.
3. Get the two full-length novel compilations of MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS AND LIES and MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYAL finished, edited, published, plus at least one more novella, which is Antoine’s story. Spring/Summer 2014 for the novels. BLUE MOON? Not sure.
Things hanging out there in Never-Never Land because…who has time!?! *muppet flail*
1. There’s still a group of Navy SEALs that Hannah got undercover way back in BLOOD MOON.
2. My Hard Target series. I still want to put together an international group of special ops guys that work for NATO or someone. LOL
2a. Maybe as a part of that series, or something else, there’s a story hovering out there that REALLY wants to get written. All I will say is girl, soldier, dog. I may have to break down and just write the dang thing. Just as soon as I finish the very first thing on this list.
My point is, I get way too many ideas for stories. Characters appear with no plot. Plots appear with no characters. But trust me when I say, that doesn’t last long. Mixing and matching has never been a problem. My problem is time. Or the management of it. Since the calendar rolled over to December, I’ve done very little in the way of writing. Marketing? Yeah. Social networking? *nods* Yup. Done that. Writing? Revising? Nope.
But today and tomorrow and Saturday? The weather outside is frightful and despite wanting to curl up under the covers to read, I will work. Words added and subtracted, rearranged, mixed, matched, shaken and stirred. Right? Right!
Tomorrow starts a series of Christmas Fridays. Monday, I have a couple of special guests. So Tuesday, when I do my “wrap-up”, I hope to have at least one thing crossed off my list. We’ll see. What’s on your agenda for the rest of the week?