I’d actually thought about starting the new schedule on Monday because…first day of the week, right? But since today is Friday, and with New Year’s falling in the middle of the week–which makes Thursday and Friday sort of a non-week…
Anyway. I keep seeing those Best of the Year lists floating around the internet. Since I started off my Goodreads challenge with a reread of a series I once enjoyed, I got to thinking about rereading series. Also, B.E. and I chatted about this via Facebook, because rereading a favorite book doesn’t count toward the reading challenge. 😛
So…here’s my Top Something List of Series I Reread:
1. In Death/Eve Dallas – JD Robb. This is my favorite series of all time. Period. NAKED IN DEATH, the first book is my “chicken soup” book. Once I’ve read it, I feel almost compelled to reread the whole series. All 30 books. *headdesk*
2. Charley Davidson/Grim Reaper – Darynda Jones. There are only 5 books currently, with a novella. The 6th book releases in May. Yayayayay! Darynda’s Charley is a delight–funny, snarky, determined, and OMG is Reyes hot! Seriously HOT!
3. Allison Brennan. Okay. That’s a writer, not a series, but all of her suspense/thrillers are interrelated and mostly set up as trilogies, but for the Lucy Kincaid books. That’s a series, but all those characters in previous books are still around. This makes me have a happy. 😀 You don’t have to read them in order but yeah. If romantic suspense is your thing and you HAVEN’T read Allison, why the hell not?!? You can find her book list HERE. She’s starting a new series this spring.
4. Cat and Bones series – Jeaniene Frost. I came to this series late, and scrambled to catch up. The last true “Cat and Bones” book comes out this spring. I has a sad. 😦 These are paranormal–Cat is a half-vampire slayer. Bones is the vampire who wins her heart.
5. Jayne Anne Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick – again an author. I started with her Harmony series (Castle) and quickly added the Krentz and Quick books that are Arcane Society/Harmony related.
And here’s a quick, off-the-top-of-my-head list of favorite series I’ve read in the past, even if I don’t stay current (except for Jen Lyon’s series. I’m all over it if she publishes more!):
1. The Wing Slayer Hunters – Jennifer Lyon
2. The Neurotic Hitwoman series – JB Lynn
3. Witch World – Andre Norton
4. Dragonriders of Pern – Anne McCaffrey
5. The Sacketts – Louis L’Amour
6. Sherrilyn Kenyon – Darkhunters and just about everything else
7. The Bullet Catchers – Roxanne St. Claire
8. The Highlanders – Karen Marie Moning (I still need to read her Darkfever series)
9. Aisling Grey series (and sub-series) – Katie McAllister (Dragons! Who could resist)
10. Demonica series (and sub-series) – Larissa Ione
11. Joe Leaphorn/Jim Chee Navajo police series – Tony Hillerman
So, what series is on your must buy list? Do you reread books?