Today, we have another set of “guest chefs” in the house: MJ Nightingale and her heroine, Jemma Haner. I ❤ ribs like damn and whoah so I'm all over this recipe! And guess what?!?! These ribs are healthy. No. Really!
Here is Jemma's Recipe for Fall-Off-The-Bone Barbecue Pork Ribs.
3 to 4 pounds of Pork Ribs
An avocado (Or a quarter cup of vegetable oil)
Light Brown Sugar, Coke, Barbecue Sauce.
1. Mash the Avocado, and mix with 1 cup light brown sugar, half can of coke, and one cup of your favorite barbecue sauce.
2. Heat oven to 275 degrees.
3. Use meat scissors to cut ribs into single servings.
4. place tin foil on bottom of pan and put ribs on top, meat side up. Lather with the mashed avocado mixture. Cover.
5. Bake in oven for 3 hours on low heat.
6. Uncover ribs and remove excess juice from pan. Put ribs back in oven uncovered and bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes to crisp. Let stand ten minutes before serving.
Jemma is very impressed with Angel’s cooking and his updated kitchen. When she invites him to her place for a meal, she wants to impress him with her culinary skills as well, and wants to make him some real Texas style barbecue with all the fix-ins. She’s a high school teacher who has no time for firefighters. Yeah, that’s a problem since veterinarian Angel “Short Shit” Murphy is a member of the Tarpley VFD. Will Angel manage to convince Jemma he’s as perfect as her BBQ ribs? To find out, y’all will just have to read their story in FIGHTING FOR JEMMA, releasing on February 18th! You can preorder now. Just click the cover or the title and zoom over to Amazon to snatch it up. Or, you can wait and read for free with your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Sounds like a fun read! And yummy ribs! Thanks for sharing!
Definitely fun and I’m intrigued by the ribs. 😉